Welcome to 13 Great Neighborhoods along 1 Light Rail Line.
The District Councils Collaborative of Saint Paul and Minneapolis welcomes you to the great neighborhoods served by light rail. Explore our web site and learn more about our communities, the issues and potential solutions, and how all the pieces fit together at each LRT station. And most importantly, get involved!
Please Join Us!
Making Strides: The 2014 Green Line Accessibility Survey, Report, and Documentary Video
6:00 to 7:30 pm on Wednesday, March 11
Rondo Community Library
461 North Dale Street, St. Paul
On March 11, the DCC will be showcasing the Making Strides: Last Mile to the Green Line 2014 Accessibility Survey report and documentary video. We will be presentingthe findings of the survey, hearing from accessibility experts about what they found inthe field, and having a roundtable discussion of ways to take action and move the findings of the report forward.
- What does accessibility mean? Why did the DCC do an Accessibility Survey?
- How does looking at the pedestrian realm through the lens of a wheelchair user change how we see streetscapes?
- How does accessibility interact with our transit system, and why does this interaction matter?
- Do we need to educate policy makers on issues of accessibility? Aren’t accessibility barriers obvious? Doesn’t the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) solve these problems?
- What can community members, organizations, and government do to address issues of accessibility?
The DCC looks forward to having a great discussion on March 11 about these and other topics related to accessibility. The report will be posted here once finalized. Refreshments provided.
Watch the Accessibility video here:
Learn more about DCC Projects: